View Single Post
Old 21 May 2024, 12:20 AM   #2594
Jackie Daytona
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: 16750
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmlovett1 View Post
Some may call it crazy….
Those who know mid-engine Ferrari may still may call it crazy, or understand for sure.. (given the circumstances/collection)

Went to the F1 Grand Prix in Miami a couple weeks ago, as I sat and watched, loving that beautiful sound coming from the cars, I realized how much I miss having that true F1/ferrari sound. I didn’t have that in my garage at that time. I do now.

After adding the Roma a few months ago, using it for all activities…date nights, cars & coffee, weekday driving, etc…. It’s a great do it all front engined GT Ferrari. Absolutely brilliant car.
However…I’ve always had something for truly spirited mountain drives in Atlanta/N GA area, something that I could actually use the power and enjoy on twisty or normal roads, something I’m not going to track, with great driver engagement and feedback….and proper (IMO) sound!

The F8 is good for most of that, it’s a stellar and gorgeous F car.
But given the fact the Roma is louder than the F8, and the F8 is hard to enjoy the power (I’m not taking it to the track), it’s scary fast IMO, too much for my skills to enjoy especially on public roads, … I made a change.
This led me back to a 458, (I posted at one point that I would get this car back), and ATL Ferrari happened to take one in that was perfect for me. The 458 is a car I’ve owned before and just followed the natural progression to a 488 then F8. Had the F8 almost 3yrs, enjoyed it (not as much as I should’ve), but adding the Roma really pushed me back into the 458 for all the reasons I’m sure many may be aware of…N/A, 9k rpm, screaming good sound, last Pininfarina design, etc..

Ended up finding a perfect spec (for me), the year I wanted, perfect miles (for my wants), perfect story/maintenance record, replacement for my F8.

Enough blah, blah, blah

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Totally makes sense! Awesome car! Congrats

Side note and I guess a question really.

The F8 and Roma have the same base engine being the F154, except the F8 is a more aggressive variant of that engine being bored out a bit, and ultimately more power. It’s really curious that it sounds less aggressive and raw than the Roma which is a bit more of GT car. I’m just curious why that may be. It’s just seems kinda strange or contradictory to expectations.

To be clear that isn’t a knock on anything at all, just sort of noting it’s a bit odd.
Amazing cars all of them (F8,Roma,458)