View Single Post
Old 20 March 2010, 04:25 AM   #46
watchteacher

Watch: Tiffany blue Sub
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnswatch View Post
[Rant on]

Sorry but I have to take issue with this.

Breguet don't sell many watches yet they have quite a few owners complaining about reliability. You yourself mention that you know one owner here in Sydney that's had issues.

Whilst I agree that the internet tends to inflate the magnitude of problems it's interesting that we don't hear about many issues with Rolex who produce millions of watches or indeed Lange, Patek, Vacheron.

Why is everyone happy to sweep it under the carpet? This seems a bit like an uncomfortable truth.

Regarding issues

http://breguet.watchprosite.com/show...ti-583791/s-0/

http://breguet.watchprosite.com/show...i-558626/s--4/

And that was on the first two pages...

It's important to note that on a Breguet owners forum it's acknowledged that Breguet reliability is a 'hot topic' at best.

Stuff like this makes me mad. People ask about the quality of a watch and loads of people chime in with 'they're great' etc when they have known issues
Let's be honest, Breguet prices are very, very high. For that price you have a right to expect a reliable movement, surely?

So you spend big bucks, it breaks because of poor design or constructon - but it's got a lovely engraved balance cock and just look at that detailing....

Let's think about this a minute. If Invicta suddenly produced a limited run of 1000 watches with amazingly engraved and detailed movements of which 30% or more broke within a year, then asked you to pay at least $20,000 for the watches, would we have the same reaction?

Breguet is a brand name only. Yes they produce beautiful watches but there is no link whatsoever with the historical company. With little genuine history we should judge them on their merits not on glossy magazine adverts.

Perhaps I'm alone on this.

[Rant off]
And your Panerai has anything to do with the original Panerai company how?
watchteacher is offline   Reply With Quote