View Single Post
Old 9 September 2010, 04:44 PM   #42
Tommysol
"TRF" Member

I call BS on you Robert...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watchman1957 View Post
Tommy, I bought the watch because of what it represents, becuase of the history and originality, not as an investment, I bought it because I wanted it and have never bought a watch (of all things) as an investment.

I bought gold at per kilo prices in 05 and 06 as an investment, the same with silver and currencies other than the USD. I buy land in Jakarta since it is an excellent investment and will always go up.

Why would you ever think I bought this watch as an investment?

Sorry...you spent your hard-earned money on a fickle thing like a $60K watch...how silly of me to think you would have bought it for investment! I know you bought it as an investment...because otherwise you would not lecture me and the rest of the forum on how prices are falling on non pre-V watches and that pre-V watches are the "one's to buy". Please explain why you are always talking about watch prices...to the point you include sales posts in your "lectures" posts. You my man..are the height of hypocrisy and I am done dealing with your egotistical BS. Enjoy your watch and all it represents to you. So sorry to insult you..I will just assume that you buy watches with no regard to value. The whole idea of being a collector is to look at values and what they represent. If you were so keen to the market...you would have bought the watch 10 years ago for $5K because it was one of 20, the Italian Navy BS, unmatching hands etc etc etc etc...

Sorry Robert..you are just a phony putting down other forum member's purchases in the hope of making your watches look more collectable. Shame on you for being a hypocritical self-centered jerk!
Tommysol is offline   Reply With Quote