View Single Post
Old 22 October 2010, 05:36 AM   #46
buke45
Banned

Watch: Your Butt
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleRedRolex View Post
All these things you guys mention about date flipping and saphire crystals and bezel clicks is fine if you are looking at a $35 fake Rolex that you buy off the street in New York. NONE of these apply to the high end replicas coming out of some of these chinese factories in the last year or so that cost upwards of $500+. Even the movements are getting copied now so watch out. And not just stickers on the rotors anymore but fully engraved copies of the 3135 with red wheels and exact rotor. Ive seen them in china so i know they exist. Ive even seen exact copies of Kawasaki motorcycle dirtbikes right down to the last nut and bolt for 1/5 of the cost of the real one. I guess when you dont have to pay for R&D and your workers make $6 a day, you can make items a lot cheaper than the orig manufacturer.

But yes I do agree that a Rolex movement has more of a metalic sounding ping than an ETA movement does. When in doubt, take it to a Rolex dealer to have it checked.
I agree but I have spotted the best fakes that cost thousands by doing the date switch.