View Single Post
Old 15 December 2010, 05:33 AM   #19
ParisDakarBmw
Banned

Watch: 116610 Sub-C
Robyn, This topic is very interesting to the members of this watch community. I understand you posting your concerns here to prevent another issue, but in fairness, I think you should provide a bit more information.

A bounced check is a criminal act, after a warrant is signed by a judge. The civil issue regarding funds, and a signed promise to pay via check. That is in itself civil until the legal system decides otherwise. You then attempt to recoupe funds by certified mail, and then it becomes a criminal event for the funds. Just like a person who buys groceries, and the check bounces. The groceries aren't stolen, but the promise to pay has been comprimised. * The groceries aren't considered stolen.*

Once the items are considered stolen by the DA, and a judge, you may go about recovering the items. This is like a forclosed home, or a car repo. The owner isn't guilty of having a stolen house, or car, but it isn't theirs to keep.

I'm sure people are concerned, and understand the seriousness of your loss. I would however ask that you produce some form of legal document for us to work with.

As far as the bad check goes, that information is good, but should also have something more to validate the accusation.

Just understand that there are plenty of people who have joined the forum, and made accusations that were damaging to the member. It would be better to share something that is a little more than a vague scenario for the members to answer by assumption.

I'm glad you did come forward to share the details to help prevent something further.
ParisDakarBmw is offline   Reply With Quote