Thread: My Seadweller
View Single Post
Old 16 December 2010, 10:00 AM   #12
allegedly
"TRF" Member

Watch: My Sea Dweller
My Seadweller

Thanks psv and yes I will. It'd be like selling off an old mate. Couldn't do that. In fact, I've just bought an older watch, a 6427 which I've posted on the vintage section and will be my way of introducing my eldest daughter into the quality that is Rolex. She likes slightly larger than ladies jewelry and the size is good. I'm just trying to get any info I can on it but I need to send it away to a reputable watch maker here in the UK to be cleaned up a little and get some more info on it as the serial marks etc are not visible between the lugs.
But this is a start. I'm not particularly wealthy but I've decided to get each of my children a Rolex, including my step kids from my new marriage. So, with the one I've just bought and my own, thats five left to get, at one a year! Old ones obviously but I think they'll appreciate the history and pedigree of the pieces and hopefully, in time and when I'm just a name in a story used to justify bad behaviour, ("Well, Grand dad did it!" ), pass them on to their children. I like the idea of kind of 'reaching through time' to my grand and great grand kids. No pun intended there!
Rob
allegedly is offline   Reply With Quote