View Single Post
Old 15 November 2005, 11:36 PM   #9
Rockrolex
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: What do you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by aelred
Just got my first Rolex on Wednesday, a GMT II, same as what Rockrolex has posted pictures of.

Quick impressions: Very comfortable. I like the smaller clasp on the GMT, even compared to the clasp on my SMP, as I'm a desk jockey and find it a bit less obtrusive under the wrist when I'm typing. The GMT seems to be about the perfect size for me, and while I do like physically bigger watches, this seems to exude a nice presence. Then again, that could be me staring at it all day. :)

It seems to be very subdued. I kept my eyes open to see if anybody noticed it or did a double-take today, nary a one. Maybe it's the proliferation of "active" watches with dive bezels at work, who knows.

I was originally a bit worried about the 24H hand making the dial seem cluttered, but I find it unobtrusive. The red of the hand isn't annoying, and the triangle-shaped pointer seems to blend in nicely amidst the hour markers.

The only thing I'm reserving judgement on for now is the cyclops. While I find the date very readable and convenient, I think the face is magnificent on it's own without the additional lense. I'm going to reserve judgement until I've worn this a while longer.

And my bezel and GMT hand is setup correctly. :)
Somehow I missed this thread since your posting, Scott. Congratulations on acquiring one of the most beautiful sport watches made (and that's a completely objective opinion, mind you ). I know what you mean by constantly staring at it. I've had mine for nearly two years and never get tired of looking at it. Enjoy it and wear it well.

Tosser Cabinet Member

Official Member: 'Perpetual 30' Vegas International GTG 2016
Official Member "WIS-CON" Las Vegas International GTG 2017
Official Member "WIS-CON" Las Vegas International GTG 2018
Official Member "WIS-CON" Las Vegas International GTG 2019
Rockrolex is offline   Reply With Quote