View Single Post
Old 23 November 2005, 07:00 AM   #20
Goodwatch
"TRF" Member

Watch: the sunrise...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomic
I'm guessing censorship bothers you, Frans?
Actually, this is a great subject! Now let me think, pet peeve?

Now this must sound strange from the mouth of a tight Dutchman, but I don’t like skinflints. I know it is wise to spend your hard earned cash with caution but I also know people who think everything is too expensive or unnecessary. Barbershop? Never, some say, my wife cuts my hair (Just an example guys. But you should see the result). Nice shoes that last long? Waste of money, they buy cheep flappers and glue the sole back on after 2 weeks. Taking their family out for a nice dinner? Complete and utter waste of money because you could buy 3 weeks worth of groceries with the money you saved. A Rolex? I’ll leave this unmentioned to keep my blood pressure down. And these are guys who earn a very good salary. And don’t know how to live.

Disrespect and loud mouthing. It is very easy to put someone down. Some people are ‘gifted’ with a very loud mouth and that prevents others from speaking their peace. As I have to attend a lot of meetings I know what I’m talking about and always try to help the one who want to say something but just can’t. I know this sounds a bit erratic but I hope you know what I’m talking about.

People who think that Jazz at Massey Hall isn’t one of the best Jazz recordings of all time. This one is in jest.