View Single Post
Old 23 November 2005, 11:33 PM   #29
Atomic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dman
It's really not all it is cracked up to be. Like today, I "had" to go play golf with a student and it was only like 75 degrees outside with no wind. Then I had to go watch another guy hit balls for forty-five minutes. Then I went to pick up my Panerai from my watchmaker and picked up Dylan, yeah, it was a tough day but pretty normal.
Daren, it reminds me of when I worked in the ski industry. A typical week consisted of going to three ski resorts for various events, shepperding VIPs around the hill (on skis), schmoozing with industry reps over beers during apres ski time... I remember after a particulaly hectic two weeks where I was out of town and on my skis for business 12 out of 14 days in one stretch, and I was hoping for a quiet weekend with my then girlfriend... but she wanted to go skiing.

It was a lot of fun, but it was a job and there were days when I didn't want to ski (for like five minutes, then the feeling passed). But it was more the driving through snowstorms, eating crappy hotel food that wore me down. But I wouldn't trade that experience for anything.