View Single Post
Old 3 April 2012, 07:09 AM   #21
The GMT Master
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.I. View Post
Hi Chris,

Well we all should know the answer to this one by now but my questions are:

1)Is the old model still one of the more difficult to sell?

2)How long do you think we will continue to see the older model in the UK?

3)Has a price been set for the new model? I've read here that sub £5K is likely.

4)Realistically what price do you think the older model should be selling at now the new model is on route?

5)On a personal note which would you choose old v new model?

Thanks for taking the time and keep up the great work on this excellent thread.
Hey,

Some good questions here, I've numbered them for ease

1) It's less popular than some sports models, but its been holding its own quite recently. I think the price point has proved to be quite attractive in the past few months

2) Indications suggest we should be seeing the first of the new Subs come in June/July time, so I expect to see deliveries of the 14060M continue until the Autumn, potentially. Obviously, they will remain in windows depending on the size of the AD for longer after that - it may be that the odd one is still knocking around by Christmas time

3) The price I've seen is £4970 (that's inclusive of 20% VAT for our overseas friends)

4) I think there will be two schools of thought (at least for ADs). The first being that supply is going to be limited and finite, and therefore there shouldn't be any movement on full RRP. The second school of thought is that existing stock needs to be moved in anticipation of the new model, so some may be looking to do a good deal. As for the grey market, well, time will tell!

5) I've never been a big fan of the 14060M - I can see the appeal of the clean face, but the bracelet is a big turn-off, especially compared to other dive watches on the market. If I wanted a vintage style diver, I think I would probably go the whole hog and pick up a 5513. The 114060 has the sublime Glidelock clasp (probably my favourite clasp on any watch right now), and I do like the look and feel of the ceramic bezel. However, if I were to expand the question to what current dive watch would I choose, I'm personally besotted with the new cal. 8500 Planet Ocean - in my opinion, it's the best value luxury diver on the market right now, and it's a sharp looker too

Hope this helps,

Chris