View Single Post
Old 11 April 2012, 05:51 AM   #283
Paladin
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosco View Post
Yes and no.

What I disagree with, is that the watch was misrepresented. They did mention the wrist size it would fit - and even placed it next to a ruler (which is farther than I go).
Most sellers here and over on VRF seem to have enough knowledge about the watches they sell to know how many links a Rolex bracelet on a particular reference is supposed to have and disclose missing links as SOP. Given the credentials the seller claims to have with the Rolex product I don't think that disclosing the number of missing links should be difficult.

The sellers restocking fee in all fairness, is not unreasonable. According to the sellers website a 3% restocking fee is applied ONLY to those purchases made with a credit card.

All credit card purchases (website and phone orders) are subject to a 3% restocking fee, items purchased using cash, Paypal, or bank wire/transfer are excluded.

Since credit card processors do not refund their 3% processing fee to a merchant refunding a customer, this should be looked at as the cost to a consumer for its convenience and protections of a credit card. The merchant should not be expected to suffer financial harm on a consumers whim.