View Single Post
Old 30 April 2012, 02:38 PM   #9
snowbird
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sea-Dweller 16600
Quote:
Originally Posted by How View Post
I own a Mont Blanc Meisterstuck Roller Ball. To say that I am far from happy with it is an understatement. Their roller balls are very scratchy and you can only write at a certain angle to get the desired flow of ink. This is partly due to the fact that they use water-based inks, but on the most part I would imagine their roller ball tip design. Would I be wrong in expecting that a Mont Blanc should perform better than that?

I have since given up on that MB, and since have been using a Cross Townsend (roller ball) - the very same pen that Mr President Barack Obama uses. They use gel based inks and their Selectip rollerball tips write as smooth as silk... and it writes perfectly with the pen at virtually any angle!!!

After my experience with Mont Blanc, it completely shot my confidence in roller ball pens (after all, MB IS supposed to be one of the best!). I was going to go back to ball point pen. Until I discovered this Cross... It changed my mind in two seconds. Converted!

I will never go back to ball point so maybe you should check it out too!

Double thumbs up. After all... this IS the 'First Pen'!
Wow that's too bad. For that kind of money you should at least get a pen that writes well.
snowbird is offline   Reply With Quote