View Single Post
Old 3 May 2012, 01:43 AM   #55
moby33
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex/Omega/Seiko
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08pirate View Post
The only thing that is losing out for me on the Sub is the SHINY bezel. I wish they had made it matte. It doesn't retain the classic black all the time like the old sub did ;( the names on the dial have no matter to me, I care ab tech/materials/wearability/ and reliability. The PO seems to have 3/4 for me. Just bc the movement is too new to tell IMO.
Now I'm really confused. If the money's not an issue & the major debate points are how you don't like the shiny bezel of the SubC & yet not 100% convinced about the new 8500 movement, then why not flip the SubC for a Sub? You'll put a little $ in your pocket, satisfy your 'shiny bezel problem' and still have essentially the same movement as the SubC.

Personally, because of the SubC improvements like the Glidelock, maxi-dial, ball-bearing ratchet bezel AND the 'shiny' ceramic bezel (I for one LOVE the ceramics over the (to me) cheap looking/feeling metal insert bezels w/ their painted on numerals) I would never consider going back to a Sub (and this coming from a guy that owned 3 Subs previously).

Not to mention I'm one of those huge fans of the Supercase...to me it gives it a bolder, much more sporty look when compared to the smaller & sleeker case of the Sub (and I like the feel of the added weight...makes the watch feel more substantial, yet still not overpowering).

Lastly, I wouldn't be too concerned about the 8500 not being a 'proven' movement. Something tells me the 8500/9300 movements are going to be around for a long, long time and are the new workhorses of Omega's lineup. Good luck.
moby33 is offline   Reply With Quote