View Single Post
Old 23 May 2012, 07:00 AM   #1681
The GMT Master
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by syahriltaher View Post
Hi Chris,

Just want you to know that I highly appreciate this thread and your willingness to answer so many questions from us....

I'm just wondering, as an AD, have you had any experiences receiving a "malfunctioned" or "damaged" watch from Rolex? If yes, what would be the procedure to be taken by an AD to rectify the problem to Rolex?

Once again, thanks in advance for your precious information...
Hey Syahril,

Thanks for your kind words

I have to say, there have been very, very few problems with stock items from Rolex - I can't remember a case where one has arrived damaged. Even after we've sold the watch, we get very few back under warranty - in these cases, we return the watch to Rolex, and they repair it for the client.

We have been less lucky with other brands, however. One brand we stocked (which will remain nameless) had serious problems with one of their high end models, basically there was a major error with the design of the movement. The customer we sold the piece to had the watch repaired twice under warranty, and upon the third time of it malfunctioning, asked for a repair. We had no problem with this, and took it up with the manufacturer - it was resolved eventually. Needless to say, we don't sell that brand any more

I have picked up on problems with watches from other brands as well - normally just a dead battery in our quartz ones, but there was one case where an automatic wouldn't start. In those cases, they get returned to the manufacturer and repaired, and return to sale once everything has been sorted.

Hope this answers your question!

Chris