View Single Post
Old 16 June 2012, 01:33 AM   #16
SaddleSC
"TRF" Member

Watch: Hulk 116610LV
Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoWatch View Post
Thank you for taking the time to do a great write up! I would certainly love to own a new ceramic PO if funds would allow in addition to my 116610LN. I sold my old 2500 Planet Ocean in favor of the Sub C and have never looked back (I do however miss that watch occasionally). If I were in the market now days trying to decide between a Sub C and Ceramic PO, the decision would not be nearly as easy as it was back then.
Thanks, Chad! I appreciate the kind words.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gharddog03 View Post
Excellent write up. Here's a quick pic of mine.
Thanks, Genaro! I love the pics of your Sub C and PO8500. Yours is the 45.5mm, correct?

Quote:
Originally Posted by travisb View Post
Already having the LVC, I hope to soon be in the same boat as you with both.
I confess to having one on order....
Congratulations, Travis! I think you will really like the new PO and I look forward to seeing your pics and hearing your thoughts as soon as she arrives...

Quote:
Originally Posted by haydendillon View Post
Very good write up... Im in the market to pick up a PO and this review will help since I already have a SubC as well..

Good job

Thanks, Tom! The PO8500 is a great change of pace and I think you will really enjoy it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalip View Post
Very useful write up Charles
Thanks, Dalip! Good to hear from you my friend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by psv View Post
Great review Charles, especially since you rather wear the DSSD ;-)

I do agree with you in a lot of the obsevations. It is a shame that the Omega doesn't have a better bracelet and clasp system, including a more solid end-link system as well. I had every intention of buying a Planet Ocean a while back but aestethically I just couldn't live with the broad-arrow hands but more importantly the HE-valve at 10 o'clock. Overall, I dind the Sub to have that extra je-ne-sais-quoi that puts it easily over the top for me, but in the value department the Omega is a clear winner. A great daily beater and travel companion.

Thanks again for taking the time to share your observations.
Thanks, Patrick! The hands on the PO are very legible and the lume is quite amazing. I especially like the fact that the majority of the dial is blue, but the minute hand and bezel pearl are green. I do agree with you, however, re: that extra something special that the Sub C has that is hard to quantify...the LV is still my favorite if price is no object:)