View Single Post
Old 12 December 2005, 06:57 AM   #1
----

Lazy Sunday......

So, took the wife for brunch today at a place called Waldo's Bistro (http://www.waldos.on.ca/). Very nice. We started off with a cappuccino each, and then had baked Brie in phylo pastry with mango and raspberry sauce as an appetizer - very yummy!

Next was traditional eggs Benedict for me (don't have it often, but I love it!), and she had Crique Madame (a grilled ham and swiss cheese sandwich on sourdough, with an egg on top). It was unusual but tasty!

After that and a few coffees, we wandered around an indoor market that is attached to the restaurant. We bought some fresh mozzarella, some chocolates, and some other small items. I bought some nice hot sauces to add to my collection - good to keep you warm in the winter months......

On the left is Blair's After Death suace, and on the right a simple sauce from Mexico made with Red Savina Habaneros.......incredible falvour and heat!

We then stopped at the local Chapters on the way home (large book retailer in Canada) where I picked up a book on Cognac (it was tough to choose between that and the one on Whisky.... ) and the latest version of QP - the watch magazine.

It was nice afternoon, but I'm tired now!