View Single Post
Old 28 December 2007, 01:40 AM   #111
kcmo
"TRF" Member

Lisa, I totally agree with you....I know that if I had kids I'd want to stay home for a while, and we're not ready for that now. I have some friends who are in a position to do that and some that aren't. It's really tough. And I know it's a personal decision. Just as having kids is...

I've said the same thing to my husband about whether our kids would 'like me' or have behavioral problems, etc....not that either one of us had, but you just never know! Times have changed and the world is scary! I mean, I remember when I first heard about email! And I was a senior in high school!!!!!! These days it's all about chat rooms and freaks online! Unbelievable how things have changed!

All of my friends pretty much know I'm the 'unsure' one, and we laugh about it a lot...you'd think that seeing some of my best friends have babies would make me 'yearn' more, but it hasn't changed much. I mean, I do think it must be amazing to have this little person look at me the way I do my mom (not that that's guaranteed), but it scares me to death.

Elaine, I hear ya girl. And you're still single so you aren't 'expected' now at least to go with the flow and have kids. Enjoy it! It's definitely strange when all of your married friends start their families....we're one of the last couples left...though my husband's closest friends are mostly single. Kinda freaky.
kcmo is offline   Reply With Quote