View Single Post
Old 30 December 2005, 01:23 AM   #10
----

Thanks guys! We really like this little car. It's always tough to decide when it's the right time to stop spending on the car we have, and I actually wish I had stopped a year ago. We did the brakes on the car, replaced all the headlights, and bought 2 new sets of tires in the past year. I will not get my money back on those items, but we sold the car to my mechanic at the dealership (also our good friend) who has looked after it for the past 10 years. We only got $1,000 for the car, but at least I don't have to deal with the hassle of advertising it and selling it. I do have a spare set of tires that I will sell as well, so maybe we won't doo too badly on it overall.

The new car is great to drive. The steptronic is a fun option, and will come in handy in the winter. The car is surprisingly quick considering the small 2.5 liter engine, and all the weight of the all wheel drive components on it. It's a 5-speed auto, and BMW changed the gearing on the "xi" models to give the car more get-up and go with the added weight, so I am very happy with it's performance. It's only 184 bhp but it goes pretty well with 175 lbs-ft of torque. Of course it's loaded with all kinds or airbags, traction control, power everything, great sound system, etc.......the only thing my wife wanted but didn't get was a heated steering wheel like I have on my 540, but they don't equip any 3's with those from what I can tell (she has circulation issues in her fingers in the winter - Reynaud's syndrome so the heated wheel would have helped that).

So, she is quite happy and I think it's a decent Xmas present.