Thread: PO or Sub?
View Single Post
Old 7 September 2013, 06:24 PM   #71
Grumpy Badger
"TRF" Member

Watch: 14060M Sub (cosc)
Quote:
Originally Posted by The GMT Master View Post
Well, the silicon hairspring is more resistant to shocks and always retains it shape, so it achieves better isochronism. As for Co-Axial, the second generation three level version is ridiculously stable as a timekeeper, and simply does not go wrong. I've been in the biz since the cal. 8500 was launched (2007) and I have never had one returned under warranty. I lost count a long time ago the number of cal. 3135s I've had returned under warranty. It really is that good. The cal. 3135 is a dinosaur by comparison
Admittedly it was in an AT not a PO case but I had a watch with an 8500 movement delivered and by the time it got here the winding rotor sounded like a bag of spanners in a cement mixer...
There was no obvious damage to the box so I doubt the delivery driver had been paying rugby with it but the company line was that it had been damaged in transit.

Don't get me wrong, I love my (replacement) AT 8500 but I don't think the movement is as tough as a Rolex.

No matter how rough the driver was handling my omega I know the sub with it's prehistoric movement survived the impact from this with no dramas...

And, before you ask, no...! I'm not volunteering to recreate this wearing my 8500 to contrast and compare!!!

"You have enemies? Good! That means you stood up for something, sometime in your life."
Sir Winston Leonard Spencer-Churchill KG, OM, CH, TD, PC, DL, FRS.
Grumpy Badger is offline   Reply With Quote