View Single Post
Old 19 September 2013, 12:03 AM   #58
michel33

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbeth View Post
The dude calling a GMT BLNR BATMAN, shows how imature Rolex owners are. You do not see Patek or high end watch brand owners calling their watches names. That shows respect towards the brand and the watch itself.

Go and ask for a Batman, pepsi, hulk at a Rolex store and they will just laugh at you, because there is NO such thing in their product listing.

Call the watch for what it is, then people might know what you are talking about online and in the real world.

John

Are you for real???

Rolex watches have had nicknames for ages in the Rolex collectors' community.

Do I have to remind you the "Steve-mc Queen", the "Paul-Newman", the "Freccione", the "Jean Claude Killy", the Fat-Lady", the "Pepsi", "Coke", the "James-Bond", the "Pussy-Gallore", the "Pan Am", the "Red Sub", the "Double-red Seadweller", the "Bart Simpson", the "Big-Crown", the "Bombay", the "Egyptian" and so on.....

The newest nicknames, Kermit, Hulk, Batman are just a friendly wink to this long time custom among high end Rolex Collectors.

you may of course dislike these nicknames but I suggest you do your homework and study the long time habits and customs of the serious Rolex collectors before you start talking nonsense comparing Patek with Rolex and blaming Rolex owners to be immature....

Thus you will show some respect to the brand's history.

TRF is THE real world for a Rolex WIS and I agree it looks a bit different than your gloomy "real world" where ADs are Gurus.

This brand is great, but I hope talibans will allow us to enjoy our watches.
michel33 is offline   Reply With Quote