View Single Post
Old 1 December 2013, 06:40 PM   #47
kilyung
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Sundial
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeOnMyHands View Post
"...hard earned dollars....... " maybe it is just me, a lowly middle class guy, but I have a hard time fathoming how a hard working guy would spend "$75K >>"Hard earned dollars"<< on a watch - palatable in the same statement..

"anyone who buys a $75k Daytona is stupid, isn't going to win you many points"
This is a friendly forum, please refrain from direct insults in an effort to keep it that way. Not sure who is keeping 'points' as you note. My words conducted no stupid insinuations.

"Intimating that anyone who buys a $75k Daytona is stupid" I'll stop you right there for putting words in my mouth....just stating that Rolex has a wonderful marketing tool and the fact that this model brings little value as well as poor collect-ability....if you have $60-70k and you want a blue faced/brown china bezel Daytona w/ a clasp/case stamped 950 which looks like stainless, buy it!

Need an investment adviser..?
I don't see how anyone's financial status has any bearing on someone working hard for their money?

"just stating that Rolex has a wonderful marketing tool and the fact that this model brings little value as well as poor collect-ability" Should have said that sooner but that's just one opinion. Some may disagree with your assessment on value and collectibility while others don't care about that (and just like the watch).

"Need an investment adviser..?" Thanks but I've got one (who wears a YG DD2) and is very supportive of my watch collecting hobby.
kilyung is offline   Reply With Quote