View Single Post
Old 14 December 2013, 01:31 AM   #96
69mach351
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116900
I am wearing my black monster today. A lot of different watches at a lot of different price points all serve a purpose. Comparing the seiko monster to a rolex is like saying why should I buy an original Salvador Dali when I can print the same picture off of the computer and hang it on the wall. You are right, you can. You will be looking at the same basic image and both will serve as decoration, but one is a lot more valued, appreciated by many, has a lot of history, is likely to appreciate in value, and will likely give more of a sense of enjoyment and accomplishment when you look at it.

That said, I am not knocking the Seiko at all, as I said, I have one on right now and it serves a purpose. I wear it and G-shocks to work regularly, because my watches can take a beating at work on any given day. If I damage or lose a watch that I have less than $150 in, it sucks, but all things considered, I can manage to salvage the day. Using the same analogy above, I wouldn't hang original artwork in my office either - prints and pictures all the way. Original artwork wouldn't be appreciated and would only be put at risk in my office.

Weigh your options and do what makes you happiest.