View Single Post
Old 14 March 2014, 11:12 AM   #58
BSOL
"TRF" Member

Watch: Many
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonMatrix View Post
That site seems to down, undergoing maintenance.
This is why I want a Rolex, they are the only sub 10k watch brand that can hold their value.
I wear my SO 44 everyday, but the Chrono just doesn't see any time.
I agree with your statement on Rolexes maintaining their value and Breitlings losing theirs. I feel it has a lot to do with Rolexes maintaining a constant in terms of design and quality whereas Breitling is too trendy and flashy, which seem to only attract impulse buyers who do not understand the real qualities that make a watch valuable/collectable. I like the fact that Rolex has an understated look combined with a true purpose for their design & build. I feel Breitling once had that image many years ago with respect to their usefulness for aviators but over the years they lost their way and now only seem to appeal to those who want to add a little bling to their wardrobe. There are, however, quite a few die hard Breitling owners out there who would want your watch but be prepared to offload it for its current market value, which is not that good.