View Single Post
Old 8 July 2014, 07:07 AM   #13
GradyPhilpott
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: 116710 BLNR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolexiva View Post

Handle this watch and see it in person and you know it is a very solid build with appreciable attention to detail. All the published specifications strongly suggest a very durable watch. Yet durability can be built into many things and not necessarily provide the most desired functionality as a total package. The dial legibility, lack of a bracelet, and wear comfort issues keep this MB II from truly being an exceptional watch that I would retain.
That's a very detailed review, but really what you told us is that this watch is not for you and those who live and work with their feet firmly planted on terra firma.

The target audience for this watch is pilots and especially pilots who fly strapped to an ejection seat.

I did some research on the Bremont brand recently because a friend of mine who was a fighter pilot during the war in Vietnam had heard about the relationship between Martin Baker, Bremont and the aviation community.

He'd never heard of Bremont in his flying days, so he wanted me to find out what the deal is and, as it turned out, Bremont has only been around since 2002, which explains why a pilot who flew fighters in the Sixties would have heard of Martin Baker, but not Bremont.

Anyway, during that research, it became quite clear that Bremont has a huge interest in the community of pilots whose lives depend on Martin Baker ejection seats, so I think that these watches meet the needs of that community quite well and as one might expect those whose lives are lived at Mach speeds have an ability to focus attention in ways that those of us who spend more time on land than we do in the air piloting super-sonic aircraft could fully understand.

I think your review is probably valid for the vast majority of humans, but the Bremont MB series is designed for a different breed altogether.

Inaugural TRF $50 Watch Challenge Winner
GradyPhilpott is offline   Reply With Quote