View Single Post
Old 2 November 2014, 04:54 PM   #53
Rashid.bk
"TRF" Member

Watch: 12800ft = 3900m
Quote:
Originally Posted by themaninblack View Post

Irrespective of the various qualities of the different titanium gradings you say that you cannot find definitive information on what grade of titanium Tudor uses so how can you cannot assert and claim the that Omega use a superior quality metal? When you get the answer from Tudor let us know.
Seems you edited your post. The answer is simple. Grade 5 just as 904L is just as much a key point in marketing as any other. There is no evidence available from Tudor stating the type of Ti it uses, with that I am left to assume what, that they use the "best" but don't say it anywhere.
The Pelagos isn't less of a watch regardless of it's metal but it is a point to mention in the scheme of materials. Does one manufacturer use a better material...this began with your claim regarding 904L, but somehow can't accept that perhaps Tudor doesn't use the best. I'm perfectly fine with Omega not using 904L, I find that any watch using 316; a Nautilus, AP ROO, VC Offshore, Planet Ocean, etc. to still be very competitive and still the dive watch a Submariner can be, particularly as the only diving most of these watches see is around a desk. If we took a poll to see how many people bought there watch specifically for the sole purpose to go diving vs those who wear it land, I think it would be a land slide.
The way people baby their watches and at the cost that these luxury items carry, they see ocean water as much as the average Aventador sees track days.
Rashid.bk is offline   Reply With Quote