View Single Post
Old 22 April 2008, 02:54 PM   #45
tommy_uk77

Quote:
Originally Posted by superdelsol View Post
I looked at a few new 16710's at 2 different AD's here in Tucson AZ, USA just a month ago. One AD had the "Pepsi" and Black bezel available, but had already marked them up to $5750. Another AD had had a "Pepsi" in the safe and it was still at the pre-price increase price of $5075. I almost bought the "Pepsi" but the red/blue just didn't smile at me, so I decided to get a pre-owned 16710 in red/black "Coke" colors. I keep reading that the 16710 is discontinued, but it's still in the catalog. Maybe Rolex will keep it around for a few more years like they did with the original GMT Master after the GMT Master II came out. I really like the 16710 in "Coke" and am pleased that I was able to find a mint "Late A series" example with box and papers for $3500. The $1500+ I saved over new will go towards the next one, I'm thinking Yacht-Master. I've seen some speculators selling the "Last" of the 16710's at a premium because they are "discontinued" or have the "Rare" stick dial with "GMT Master ll" instead of the usual roman numeral "GMT Master II". I've also read that a number of people have verified that the latest 16710's have the GMT2C caliber.
hi can share which AD selling 16710 Pepsi $5075?
tommy_uk77 is offline   Reply With Quote