View Single Post
Old 2 March 2015, 07:30 AM   #69
James 45
Banned

Watch: No date Sub 14060M
Quote:
Originally Posted by venton View Post
If the watch was stolen in transit, how would you react to get an empty box? Realistically you would be mortified and first reaction would be to recover the money lost quickly... it's a lot of money. So you would feel scammed and go straight to paypal as first resort. You probably wouldn't contact the seller as first resort. You might feel the seller has scammed you and not want to contact them.
So don't discount the watch may have been removed at any point on its journey.
However, one thing you would do is keep the packaging as evidence. There should be evidence of tampering. If the buyer says they haven't got the packaging any more it would definitely be them lying.
I would call them right away and let them know they are in a fight they will not win!!!
And give them a chance to make things right and then it's on.

So to this point he has not responded to pay pal for the additional info they wanted. And could be letting it go as he knows I am serious about getting justice.

Theft through the mail is more likely to take the whole box.
This happened to me in Dec last year, they just took the whole box.
That was a $2000 watch gone. This one I don't let go!!

PS they called to see where the watch was and when after a long wait we went together to ebay and I gave the money back because it was stolen / lost in the mail No box ever was found.