View Single Post
Old 8 June 2015, 09:43 AM   #43
train-time
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by psv View Post
Buffpilot, first of all congrats on your new watch.

It seems to me like you would are the type of buyer who would have been better off buying a new watch from an AD.

The regular sellers here deal in volume, on most pieces not on high margin, so naturally they prefer less questions to many. I don't think it is fair to assume a seller should know all the different warranties for all the brands he/she sells, how they differ from country to country, etc. Again, he/she is not an authorized dealer, and you knew that going in to the deal. Nor is it fair to ask in writing if the watch is stolen or not, it is not only insulting but no one in their right mind would answer that question as it makes you liable. A watch might be on their 2nd, 3rd or even 10th owner - how would a volume seller know the exact history of each watch? Again, if you want that, you have to pay the premium price and get it from an AD.

Now, I've interacted with Mark about some watches, I never dealt with him. And I might agree with you that he is not a warm and long-winding communicator, but if you don't get the vibe from someone, why continue with the deal?
My thoughts exactly. Well put Patrick