View Single Post
Old 26 February 2006, 12:29 PM   #14
Rto
"TRF" Member

Watch: FPJ-AP-PP-Rolex
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ Irani
Hi Rto,

That last bit in your P.S., may or may not reflect upon the fact as to whether your dealer can give a better discount depending on his sales volume. A big dealer with a bigger "quota" as you say, would also be a dealer with a larger turnover.

In that case, such a dealer may not find it necessary to give a large discount 'cause his watches are already selling at the existing prices. I believe different States in the USA have different taxes. Yesteday, I learnt from our friend, CJ, that there is a 6% TAX over and above the full list price of say, a Sub-date which is $4,525. Add 6% to this price and you've got a new price of almost $4,800 - WOW, that is ridiculous!

Perhaps you would be better off advertising the fact that you're in the market for a new Sub-date or a new GMT-II in "For Sale / Wanting to Buy" section. There are plenty of good guys here who can get you an excellent deal on a brand new one at a much better price than any of your rip-off ADs.

Good luck - JJ
Thanks again for the tip!
Do you mean that maybe some of the guys here belongs or have a better relationship to any AD and could help me out? (Just asking because I'm definetely thinking about getting thru an AD for all reasons and advices received so far.

Forgot to mention...here in Florida, you pay 6,5% sales tax over the price...so it's pretty much the math you described.
Another idea would be maybe getting thru an AD outside the state and have it shipped (this way you avoid sales tax), but at the same time it would be something strange buying a watch by phone without touching it and giving an opportunity too receive a "Smile", specially a Rolex (I imagine)...

Last edited by Rto; 26 February 2006 at 12:34 PM..
Rto is offline   Reply With Quote