View Single Post
Old 29 September 2015, 10:23 AM   #36
SubKing
"TRF" Member

Watch: where do i start??
************************************************** *************UPDATE******************************* ***********************************

So it has been 2 weeks since my patek 5990 landed at the NYC service center..

I picked up the phone to call and speak to pat, the director of customer support. He called me back several hours later to inform me that he does have news and my phone call was just in time.

He said my watch is about to be shipped back to Geneva and how I have had more people working on this for me than I know. My AD, My AD's Rep, the president of Patek N.A. and they have all reached a conclusion...

I was expecting bad news like I am going to lose my watch for months and they are going to refinish it and service it etc..

But it was actually the opposite. He said they saw all of the flaws and are going to ship me a full replacement watch.. He said he does not have an exact time frame of when they will get a new 5990, but it won't be long.. I said as long as its not months.. He said no it wont take that long. I got the drift from him that maybe a couple weeks it will take, but I wasn't given an exact time frame.

Either way, I am glad patek saw all the flaws. They must know that this was a serious problem because I cannot imagine they hand out replacement watches regularly?

I truly hope they make sure the watch I get this time is the way it should have been in the first place, free of flaws.

I would have loved if they offered me a small gift for the trouble I had, like a leather travel watch case for my 5990 or some kind of small patek branded gift, but I can't complain I guess as long as I get a proper watch returned.

Still not the best service experience looking back, but the watch is the important thing here and it has been made right at the end of the day, regardless of how I had to get to this point.

I was told I have to return the original boxes and certificate as I will get all new ones..

I will post pictures when my new 5990 lands at my AD.