View Single Post
Old 30 September 2015, 01:20 AM   #46
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ S View Post
Incorrect – or as I would normally just say, nonsense!
You are afforded a courtesy or goodwill by PP to liaise with them directly, but they could’ve just as easily told you to go through the AD.
Your consumer rights, as defined under applicable laws for your region/state, are provided in relation to whom your purchase was made from.
In other words, your contract is with the retailer, not the manufacturer – this comes up all the time because manufacturers from various sectors, over the years, have agreed to take charge of this area themselves.
There are a number of reasons for that, but this isn’t the time to go into it.
That's all good and well PJ but in this day and age customers of low end consumer products, never mind high end luxury goods, are accustomed to a higher level of service.

Buyers of Patek phillipe are likely pampered by most any brand they interact with and you only need to look to direct competitors of PP to see others make thier service department and customer service look pathetic.

It's not a sustainable model at this price point. Remember, OP would not have had to contact PP directly if they had a reputation for quality and timely service.

I say so because I sent my new PP back through my AD the first time, only to wait longer, receive poor service and communication from my AD, and receive back a watch in worse condition that when I sent it out.

Second rodeo I sent it direct to Hswa myself and let them know how pathetic thier work was. They agreed and handled it quickly.