Thread: LG OLED TVs
View Single Post
Old 26 September 2016, 04:07 AM   #22
locutus49
Banned

Watch: Platona
Thanks, that was helpful.

I know it is different topic, but rumor has it Apple is going to use microLED instead of OLED on the iPhone8. Supposedly better definition.

But at some point you can only perceive so much clarity, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dddrees View Post
From what I've read so far they are touting better Picture Quality. Based on what I read in the source I pointed out earlier that can be other issues with regard to juddering (or picture stuttering) depending on the source and the settings you use for motion smoothing. Some other manufactures may do a better job of compensating or masking this issue.

Also it seems LG has embraced the latest Dolby Vision standard which most others have not. Seems these latest technologies can be risky with regards to what may or may not be used 1 or even 5 years from now. If it's embraced I made a good investment, if not and you choose one that didn't no problem. Who knows which way things will go but supposedly Dolby Vision is a fairly attractive technology to some at least.

I also choose the B version without 3D over the curved screen C which has 3D. From the little I've read 3D hasn't been fully embraced and may not be an issue. There are a few offerings and supposedly it looks great on LGs OLED. I could have gotten it on a more costly flat screen LG OLED but decided the 3D wasn't worth it to me.
locutus49 is offline   Reply With Quote