View Single Post
Old 28 September 2016, 10:50 AM   #8
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cru Jones View Post
Thanks for sharing. But, it has to be said, that was a pretty sad attempt by Ortiz to elevate himself at the expense of Yankees fans.

Can't say I think he merits all the "farewell" attention, though he clearly thinks he does.

Between the PEDs, the seemingly annual whining over contracts and his over-rated one-dimensional play, I can't wait for Ortiz to be gone.

Yes, he is beloved by "Red Sox Nation", which is more an indictment of the poor selection of true legends to play for Boston than anything else. Those fans just wanted a "me too" moment after watching Jeter and Rivera, no matter how dramatically different the caliber of player or person they root for.

Just my two cents.... Hey, at least he's more tolerable than Schilling!
Buzzkill cru

Thanks for sharing. Never was a big papi fan but I did grow up watching the rivalry. I no longer watch baseball but for most of jeters career I did and saw some really great games.

PED scandals and most of my favorite players aging or being traded away had me losing interest. Failing to resign cano was my last straw. Was probably a smart move but he was the last guy I really enjoyed watching on the yanks.
GB-man is offline   Reply With Quote