View Single Post
Old 20 October 2016, 08:59 AM   #16
MikeMc
"TRF" Member

Watch: own 18 watches
Timing machine data

This is a copy of the printout from our Witschi timing machine of my GMT-II BLNR. Witschi is the machine required by Rolex USA.

Column 1
Number of seconds/day in the 5 positions. Top is face up, second is face down, third crown down, forth crown left, fifth crown up.

Column 2
Amplitude, or the rotation of the balance wheel. Should be 220 degrees or more. Some models are 200 or more.

Column 3
Number of millisecond variation of the pallet fork from side to side (tick-tock)
0 would be ideal but usually not adjusted unless it is 10 off.

Right side of the vertical line (Actually the top line)

D is the maximum variation of the 5 positions (7 seconds, in my case +5 to -2) Max variation in amplitude 21 degrees, 0.2 maximum pallet fork deviation.
X is the average gain per day in seconds in the 5 positions. Average Amplitude, 0.2 is the pallet fork variation again.
Xv is the stats in the v vertical position
Xh is the stats in the h horizontal position
Dvh is the variation in the vertical and horizontal positions
Dv is the variation is the vertical position

My watch on my wrist gains 0.5 seconds per day. So this data is a guideline but not the final word while the watch is worn. We have adjusted the watch to our customer, however if everyone wanted it timed to their individual needs, you wouldn't have enough time to do all of the other repairs.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Rolex GMT-BLNR.jpg (53.1 KB, 420 views)
MikeMc is offline   Reply With Quote