View Single Post
Old 6 January 2017, 02:57 AM   #36
Chadridv
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 116610LV
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjo74 View Post
Loads of replies here saying he's a great seller (and countless endorsements in hundreds of other threads) so I'd personally have no problem buying from him if I was in the US of A. In fact, I have considered buying from him even though it would be at a premium to my local RRP as he is able to source stock that none of the UK ADs can readily obtain (i.e. SS sports models).

However, I think the concern that the OP has is whether he would be able to take the watch and warranty card (potentially not in his name) to RSC and have the watch fixed under warranty if necessary without a problem. Have any members done this and was it straightforward?

Considering some of the RSC NY horror stories (again, plenty of threads) I can understand the OPs concern. It would be great to hear if any forum members have successfully had a David SW watch fixed under warranty at an RSC.

Apologies if I misinterpreted the OP.
I've had two experiences with this. Both ended with positive feedback for David, but each having very different results.

I bought a pre-owned watch from David "under warranty". There was a smudge under the crystal. I brought it to RSC to have it fixed/examined. RSC told me the watch had been opened by someone else and the warranty was void.

I contact David immediately and he took the watch back at no charge full refund.

Once that situation was settled, David offered me the same watch brand new at almost the same price to make things right. I accept. After owning that watch for a couple months I realized there was a discoloration in the ceramic bezel. Crazy I know, but it was there visible to the eye. I brought that watch to RSC and had the bezel replaced under warranty with zero issues.

Regardless of what the listing reads, and regardless of how many times you hear "the warranty follows the watch", I have seen first hand some warranty transfer stipulations and new buyers should certainly be aware of them. RSC NY told me straight away that a pre-owned watch with a foreign AD origination requires a bill of sale from the owner named on the card to properly transfer the warranty. Many here will argue this, but know I'm not arguing that the policy is right or wrong, it's just what I've been told at RSC.

If you're buying pre-owned from David, ask about the AD origination and always request a bill of sale (assuming the watch is "under warranty", otherwise it makes no difference).
Chadridv is offline   Reply With Quote