View Single Post
Old 23 April 2017, 10:58 AM   #74
Ruud Van Driver
"TRF" Member

Watch: Mickey Mouse
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_hk2ksk View Post
Hi, I am new to PAMs, but this post motivated me to share some thoughts. I'm a one and a half watch guy, don't need too many. Had a DJ since 2000, when I 1st time could afford a quality watch. Then got the Sub in the 201x. DJ by that time was forgotten in a safe. Aslo got a daily wear watch - B&M for times when Sub was inapropriate. Sure once in a while I would discover a new instrument to admire - some Breget or IWC or Zenith models or a lesser known AeroWatch Chrono, but was never inspired to the point of ownership. Then recently I discovered Panerai. I was wowed - enough said. I started a research but to me - there were so many minor or major show-stoppers with older models - size, thickness, long-term maintenance, fakes out there. So not until I ran into 1312, was I absolutely sure that I found my PAM. Size is perfect, blue hand is an attractive feature for me. It has a new movement. And since I am a newcomer, I have no alliegance to historic DNA footprint. I got it at a price point I am happy with and also managed to get a favorable trade-in value for old unused DJ. So my point is that Panerai is not dead. They are experimenting with new models, sometime sucessfuly. I would not be a PAM owner now if they didn't experiment and produced 1312 model that I fell in love with. They are attracting new dudes like me. I am now contemplating something like PAM 689 longer term. And hopefuly they will keep enough models in the line-up to make the legacy crowd happy. Peace.
Did someone say 689?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_8398.jpg (127.5 KB, 528 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1763.jpg (130.8 KB, 536 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_7187.jpg (43.1 KB, 534 views)

"Why should you allow an AD to shake you down, just so you can buy a watch" - Grady Philpott
Card carrying member of TRF's Global Association of Retro-Grouch-Curmudgeons
Ruud Van Driver is offline   Reply With Quote