View Single Post
Old 21 May 2017, 01:08 PM   #68
Bigsykedaddy
"TRF" Member

Watch: LVc | SubC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystro View Post
Easylink is the best bracelet upgrade Rolex ever came out with. Feels like all the advantage of a traditional strap/buckle on a metal bracelet. As much as I like the glidelock, the easylink seems faster to adjust on the fly and 5 mm is the perfect measurement requirement change under normal use. I am curious how much research Rolex did to pick 5mm as the optimum length. As to the OP's question, I adjust my watch looser when I lay down or after lifting weights. Traditionally I would just size my bracelets a bit looser than tighter for this size change. With easylink I can wear my DJ2 a bit more precise and tighter without the feeling of my wrist being strangled when it swells. Has any one ever developed any looseness snapping the easylink closed by excessive use??

This is with my easylink in:
I would agree if it worked for me. The problem I have with easy link is that it doesn't work with my wrist. I've tried every micro adjustment and link configuration with my Datejust II and BLNR and I can never get it so easy link works. I either have to set it so easy link is always open or always closed.

If I move the adjustment one way easy link only fits closed and if I try to open it it's WAY too loose. If I move the adjustment the other way it only fits with easy link open and if I close it it's WAY too tight.

So I like the "idea" of easy link, but unfortunately it doesn't work for me. Glidelock ftw (for me at least)
Bigsykedaddy is offline   Reply With Quote