View Single Post
Old 4 October 2017, 07:24 PM   #118
PascalSwiss
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony64 View Post
No, certainly not clowns, although the plaid pants are a bit daring IMO.

I think a Stainless Sub with black bezel looks "ok", and perhaps entirely appropriate, if it's your only watch.

But is it the preferred look? I think any of the gents pictured above could be more suitably paired with a simple gold watch on a strap. Opinions will vary, and I'd rather think of these as suggestions moreso that rules, but let's agree that good taste requires that the watch should never become the center of attention.

Edit: Lindsey Vohn could wear a dirty sweat sock on her wrist and it would look great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SG56 View Post
Yep, those pics are what I was referring to! Don't like it on her, but the men look very sexy!
What more do want guys ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art 1 View Post
I would say they are being paid to look silly.
Silly ? Really ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zengineer View Post
If you are a secret double naught spy, British royalty or a paid brand ambassador you are good to go, everyone else looks silly wearing a bulky dive watch with a suit.
I would say the exact opposite. I think they paved the path to make it fashionable, aspiring and sort of cool to do so...

Well, this has been discussed just about a month ago. Unless the event doesn't requires a strict dress code that mentions the timepiece (Which would be to wear none), you can go with whatever you want. Be it a orange rubber band if that's what you like.
PascalSwiss is offline   Reply With Quote