View Single Post
Old 12 October 2017, 08:02 PM   #99
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlS View Post
My favourite but if naievety by TS:

But not only for the collectors. It has to be a split that is fair for everybody. So the task for our own agency here in New York would be first to dispatch to all the retailers. And then the retailers will have the task to allocate them. But I really hope that they will also allocate those pieces to somebody who is not a very big collector. It has to be also for someone who as I just said, who is young, who is going to start with Patek Philippe; we should also give him the chance to wear such a piece."

I think he should add but of course we need to make the AD's rich and they can give it to any customer they really want as long as they buy a few 5960's or 5167R etc as we can't give them away!!!! Alternatively some Jewellery would be good....sadly those that are young to the brand won't qualify at any AD so maybe they can buy on the secondary market from the very people who should never have gotten an allocation!!!

Don't worry Mike they must have gotten over 50 of tgecwatches so you really stink in their eyes!!

At least the Brits were kind and shared their exhibition with you!
Im honestly asking as i don't know. When specifically did Patek's watches shift from being a hobby or collection and move to being a commodity for profit generation by flipping? I know resale has always been strong but it was usually in the context of older pieces. So when did this shift happen to buying and immediately reselling and AD's making purchases conditional on other purchases?
current collection: Patek 5164A, Patek 5524G, Rolex Platinum Daytona 116506, Rolex Sea Dweller 43 126600, Rolex GMT II 116710LN, AP 15400ST (silver), Panerai 913, Omega Speedmaster moonwatch, Tudor Black Bay (Harrods Edition)