View Single Post
Old 27 October 2017, 05:16 PM   #102
zama
"TRF" Member

Watch: 4 Broken glass
Quote:
Originally Posted by texasmade View Post
I thought bringing out the WDC trophy for everyone to see was nice. This is where F1 really falls short. Go show most casual sports fans various trophies and they'll be able to tell you what sport it's for. You can't do that in F1 since the trophy is presented at some banquet at the end of the season that's for team and media only basically.
I did not see all the pre race stuff at COTA, but I completely agree the US has always had a better perspective of giving value to people, the seats I think are much cheaper than many GP's again seeing value in packed grandstands over empty covered seats...... I am sure the new owners will bring that to F1 I hope, as well as cheaper cost more noise and more entertainment. I remember years ago when I travelled more for work I managed to catch an American LeMans race at Laguna Seca, they used to allow the fans on the grid before the race i talked to many of the drivers and have photos with the cars, imagine that in F1...
zama is offline   Reply With Quote