View Single Post
Old 15 January 2018, 04:31 AM   #4
bharat
"TRF" Member

I haven’t used a fountain pen in more than a decade and I kind of miss it to be honest. I found that my handwriting used to be much better using a fountain pen. Do you think that I would be able to write as fast with a fountain pen as a rollerball? And which model for a fountain pen would you recommend? The Meisterstuck seems to be a popular model but I haven’t the faintest idea which way to go apart from which specific ‘look’ I am more attracted to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoseyWales View Post
From your two selections, I would go with the rollerball. The refills won't last as long, however they will write much more wet, with much less resistance. I would go with the Montblanc Legrand 162. Since it's the legrand, it will use more expensive refills, BUT, you are able to re-fill the refill! You won't need to buy refills very often at all, only ink and a hobby syringe.

Now with you writing profusely, I would recommend a fountain pen. It will have no resistance, you don't need to buy refills, and you can change up ink colors/brands with ease. One fill should last a day or two with heavy writing.
Would love to know if you have experience specifically with the Mont Blanc inks - so they dry relatively quickly or is there risk of smudging etc?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewEnthusiast View Post
I agree with the fountain pen. No resistance and writing quickly is no more difficult than any other kind of pen. I got through uni postgraduate and first few dogsbody jobs where I had to write as people were speaking using an fp. It has so much more presence and is more comfortable too

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk
bharat is offline   Reply With Quote