View Single Post
Old 16 January 2018, 03:28 AM   #17
retiredUKdiver
"TRF" Member

Watch: Submariner 16800
Hi all. This thread goes back a few years and I just wanted to check with 'those that know more than me' on independent servicing options.

I am looking for someone to do a service my well used and beaten up Submariner 16800. Having done 2000 dives and been generally abused by me for 32 years, the case is damaged, the (5th) bezel faded and the bracelet not Rolex. I just want the watch itself servicing and pressure testing.

I have used some of the links in the thread and searched online. Here is the best I can find:

1/ £475 from an accredited sevice agent. I have to pay for cleaning and all the other stuff I don't want

2/ £225 from a non accredited guy mentioned in this thread, who will do the basics that I want only

If anyone has any good updates to assist me that are better options than these then I would be grateful for your input. My current thought is to go with the £225 option unless I hear otherwise. As with anything in this world one can fine accredited idiots and non-accredited geniuses. If you want a classic Aston Martin restoring then I can get it done better than the factory for 66.6% the price - if you get my drift.

Finally - and mixing threads - where do I go to get the best non genuine 93150 bracelet at this time. I've just damaged the one I've got that I bought 3 years ago for circa $100 which has been brilliant and as good as an original. I would love to find another like it - HELP!
retiredUKdiver is offline   Reply With Quote