View Single Post
Old 12 June 2018, 10:03 PM   #38
Runnin' Rebel
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakalwe View Post
I’m curious Mark, where are those odds taken from?

England are 7th favourites according to our own bookies but I assumed we were being over-rated because the odds were shortened due to the bookmakers reducing liabilities as naturally lots of optimistic/drunk Englishmen put money on England to win.

Though for once we’ve got a team rather than a collection of individuals, unfortunately we are a bit short in midfield and defence. Still, you never know.

Incidentally, the top 4 in the betting cannot meet each other until the semis if they all win their respective groups, which is why it’s hard to see past one of them for the win. I’d say Brazil if pushed - Tite has actually organised a watertight defence to go with the traditional Brazilian flair in attack.
England is 7th on that list too. These odds are for the wining the World Cup Title. Some odds have already adjusted and will daily until the games start.

Spain is a favorite over Portugal at about -120. Portugal is +320..Draw is at +250 Over/under is 2.25 goals ~ over/under flops are at 3 per game