View Single Post
Old 16 June 2018, 05:48 AM   #149
MonBK
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakalwe View Post
Portugal are rubbish!

OK maybe “rubbish” is overstating it and yes they won the Euro’s but so have Denmark and Greece in my living memory. Portugal were incredibly lucky in 2016. They came third in a group containing the might of Hungary, Austria and Iceland and didn’t win a game. I’m not sure that’s ever happened in the Euro’s. They then narrowly beat a decent but not stellar Croatia, needed pens to beat International journeyman team Poland and were massively jammy to draw Wales in the semis. Obviously France in the final were on paper a fabulous team but they played terribly and still should’ve won that game several times over. Deschamps is a poor manager and he will hamper France in this campaign.

They won that tournament by winning 1 game out of 7 in normal time, which is astonishing and unlikely to be repeated any time soon.

Portugal really aren’t very good, Ronaldo aside (and even he may be past the stage where he is able to carry the team on his own) and I wouldn’t be surprised if either Morocco or Iran turn them over and knock them out in the group stages.
Another typical example of how difficult it is to be a at home sitting couch "expert".
MonBK is offline   Reply With Quote