View Single Post
Old 3 July 2018, 03:11 AM   #31
GeronimoApache
"TRF" Member

Hi Everyone,

I hope you are fine.
Hi Everyone,

My customer experience with Chrono24 is a nightmare.

I was looking for a while my dream watch and I felt in love with a Submariner 5513 from the 80's on Chrono24 website.

So, I made a proposal to the seller which is Collectors Coins & Jewelry of Baldwin in NY State, USA. Their website is Collectors1946.

I proposed an amount below the price published on Chrono24 and they explained to me that can provide me a better price/negotiations if I order through their own website. They also told me they have an agreement with Chrono24 to sell off the website.

I felt confident and in trust and I ordered the watch. It was in March 2018.
Some weeks later, I decided to send it to a watchmaker to clean the case and watch, and perform a very light polishing. When we opened the case, what we saw was a disaster: The caliber was the one of the 5513 (1570 instead of 1520). I felt really abused and ashamed. My trust has been hurted and I paid a watch 2 or 3 times his real value.

The caliber 1520 was clearly mentioned in Chrono24 site.

Now, I'm discussing with the seller and I have contacted Chrono24 to find a solution.

I will keep you posted when I will have fresh news.

In the meantime, I strongly recommend you to not trust the integrity of this platform and their resellers. I can imagine the number of scammed customers not having a deep knowledge of the watch they purchased.
GeronimoApache is offline   Reply With Quote