View Single Post
Old 30 November 2018, 02:04 AM   #225
shortsqueeze
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by james272 View Post
Sorry , I am a little nauseated hearing over and over “but the seller”. Very simply I Don’t care if it’s David Xyz or the Pope , I am not sending a wire transfer to anyone. I will use pay pal or at least AMX so I have recourse- period ! Even w a “TS” things can happen- there can be a disappointment in the item not being what it was claimed to be and TS might have a different opinion or what if it’s lost in shipping or someone at shipper steals item??? Clearly sellers responsibility and I am not waiting weeks or months for an investigation- if I use AMX , the charge is simply disputed and now the onus is on the seller. For me there is no other answer - I have purchased and sold probably 12 -15 watches from $6000 to $64,500 and have never had a problem. Just what works for me - if Seller not willing fine - no deal! If I am selling I put those costs into my selling price . Certainly I check seller or buyer out but when it comes to these amounts of money for me , I am going to have recourse. :-)
Completely agree. Too much risk, too many variables.
shortsqueeze is offline   Reply With Quote