View Single Post
Old 22 January 2019, 01:58 AM   #10
TheWatchEnthusiast
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610LV,SD43,BLNR
On the 116500 series I always wanted the white dial. It just popped for me and I love the look and contrast of this layout. I got 116500 black dial because it was offered to me from my AD and Pressured by the hype I said ok. I now have paid for a white dial one at the same AD and I will get the next one they get. ( I was second in line and now I am next in line ) I should have it soon ( only mother Rolex knows when ) I hope it will be within the next 2-3 months.

As I said the white has much more contrast between the black Ceramic bezel and the black sub-dial rings with the white dial. That makes everything pop and makes the watch much sportier than the all black.
I believe though that the white dial looks sportier ( which I also prefer ) therefore the all black can be worn in absolutely any situation and it’s classier looking.
The black dialed Daytona in the 116520 series was a better choice for me ( in my opinion ) because the watch had a nice balance between the dial’s silver hour markers the sub dial silver ring and the SS bezel. That made the watch sporty enough yet classy at the same time. The white dial 116520 although very beautiful had less contrast and the silver indices were blending too much with the white dial.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk