View Single Post
Old 12 January 2009, 03:13 AM   #53
AIKO
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALTAADAM007 View Post
Hey Guys and Gals,

I live in an area with only one authorized Panerai dealer. As such I have little alternative to buying online, but I like to keep my business local if I can. In the past year I have bought:

Rolex GMT IIC
Breitling Bentley GT
Several pieces of women's jewelry (diamonds and such)

all in an effort to keep in good graces with the dealer for future purchases.

RECENTLY, wife allowed me to make a post-Christmas Panerai purchase! YEE HA right!? She had gone with me to view some pieces at their downtown location and knew I had my eye on a PAM176.

So I phoned my regular guy at Carl Greve Bridgeport Village. HE explains he can't get Panerai from their sister store in downtown Portland. But, if I phone Jim and Danielle at that store they can help me. Which I do. Danielle confirms the PAM176 is still in stock along with a few other models. I look online at the others, confirm that I want the PAM176 and I ring her back. I explain that coming downtown with an infant etc. can be a bit of pain what options do I have. She says it is best to come to the store, but she can also ship, etc. I tell her to HOLD the watch, I will be buying it that day and she will either see me in the store or I will phone back to arrange to ship it.

So I pile the wife, kiddos, etc. into the car, drive downtown (about 15 miles), drive around to find a garage big enough to swallow our Suburban, pay to park, load the little one in the stroller, Starbucks up the wife and trek in the rain to the store.

ONLY TO FIND DANIELLE AND JIM HANDING THE WATCH OVER TO ANOTHER CLIENT!!!!!!!!!! You have GOT to be kidding right?

I understand a bird in the hand, but at the same time I was ASSURED the watch would be mine, I confirmed I would be purchasing it THAT day, and yet instead of even calling me back to confirm, they sold it to another client.

What good is establishing a relationship with an AD only to have them shoot you in the foot?

My company relies on our internet reputation, so I struggled before writing this here (I plan to post it elsewhere as well) but it is just an deserved. I have been 100% honest in the synopsis etc.

I hope potential clients to Carl Greve Portland Oregon will use this information prior to purchasing. As it sits MY next Panerai purchase will be online!!!!

Thanks for letting me vent folks! Feel free to reply with any comments.

ALTAADAM007
Beaverton Oregon USA

I agree with you 100% that the watch should have been held for you. The AD should have taken your # (and a deposit) to call if something (another buyer) came up. Lame service in my opinion. Sure people ask businesses to hold things and never come back but that's business! Top companies go the extra mile-these people did not. Just be happy that you know this and not deal with them again.
AIKO is offline   Reply With Quote