View Single Post
Old 4 April 2019, 03:31 AM   #19
ferdinand07
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyH83 View Post
Thank you for your comments so far.

Whilst I haven't seen any in person yet, purely from photographs I appear to have a soft spot for the following pieces:

- Venturer Small Seconds white dial blue hands manual wind

- Pioneer Centre Seconds blue dial automatic (although this could be a little on the sporty side for what I am looking for.

- Endeavour Small Seconds manual wind silver/grey dial

Hoping to get down to a stockist at some point to try them on (if of course they have any of them available)

I will report back with my verdicts:)

Regards,
Jon
I own the wg Venturer small seconds white dial, bought it about 8 months ago. I was drawn into their story and philosophy as well as the discreet quality of the watch and how simple, vintage-like, and timeless looking it is. Oh, and also because they gave me Moser wall clock for free :) - boutique soft opening in Jakarta. That was the time I started to become more particular in selecting my next watches, looking into movement finishing et al, which for Moser, I'd like to think they machined-hand finished. The anglage was not as detailed finished as my Blancpain Milspec under loupe, for example. But they do have a nice looking movement overall, and for the price you get a wg timeless looking with with all their original character, plus a discreet power reserve indicator, I definitely think it is worth it. Also the fact they created almost everything themselves was what made me sold.

However, if you ever thought of re-selling the watch down the road, you prolly will have some tough time dealing with the fact that the watch is not as you'd value. I sold my SD4k to make room for the Moser, ended up trying to sell my Moser 6 months after because I missed that SD4k too much. A dealer asked me 1/4 of the price I paid retail, some wouldn't even bother asking (they have some Pioneers sitting on the store display for a year, even willing to sell below what they paid).

So yea, I decided to keep the watch and re-purchased a NOS SD4k, knowing that my Moser is a value to myself - it won't be as liquid as Rolex for sure, but if you are set into the piece, it will be worth it.

The Moser hasn't got much of my wrist time nowadays, but it gives me very different vibes and charm everything I put her on. Decided I won't let her go, ever :)

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

Grand Seiko SBGM023 - Black 116520 - 116600 - Moser & Cie Venturer white dial - Blancpain tribute to Milspec - JLC Reverso Medium Duoface - BB58
ferdinand07 is offline   Reply With Quote