View Single Post
Old 2 April 2024, 08:26 PM   #15
Tzachi
2024 Pledge Member

some inputs from 5 and 6 digits owner

Visually, the 165xx looks fantastic, love everything about it, from the dial layout to the brushed finish.

If you go with later SEL models, the feel is solid.

Lots of the 165xx is in its originality, and the main potential risk is water damage. Therefore, the main point you want to consider is your lifestyle, are you an ocean/pool frequent visitor? .

Otherwise, the 165xx is a great and reliable daily watch and age beautifully.

One additional point to consider, for years to come is the service. within 6 years these will be 30+ years and you may have difficulty in service them, the plus side is that its a zenith-based movement and easier to find parts,
Good luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwsubmariner View Post
Hi Everyone,
Have been looking at a Daytona for a while now. I think I've narrowed it down to the 116500 or the 16520. Having only had 6 digit Rolex's, I have some concern with the 5 digit bracelet. However, I really like the sub dials on the 16520 and the brushed lugs. Obviously 116500 is going to feel more solid. I'd go with an SEL bracelet most likely to get a slightly more solid feeling. Watch will be worn a couple of times per month.

A fullest of either is going to be around the same price.

For you 16520 owners, do you have any regrets? Have you moved onto something else?

Part of my thinking is finding a clean 16520 is only going to get harder over time. A 116500 or 126500 I could likely get in the future, easier. I also like that you see less 16520's and there's less hype around them. However, at the same time the 116500 was the time that I really started liking Daytona's. The clean look of the ceramic bezel I really appreciate.

Thanks!
Tzachi is offline   Reply With Quote